Last modified: November 24th, 2020
In addition, you may have other privacy protections under individual state laws. Zingo may use certain non-affiliated third-parties as service providers, and we share nonpublic personal information with them in order to fulfill the services requested. While we carefully select trusted and reputable third-party companies with which to partner, Zingo, is not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party partners or the privacy policies or content of third-party partner sites. The Website may also contain links to other websites. Zingo is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website;
- While you use the Services; and
- In email and other electronic messages between you and Zingo.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Zingo offline or through any other means, including on any other website or application operated by us or any third-party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
You do not need to submit personal information to access the Website generally. However, in connection with accessing the Services, you will be required to provide information which can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”), including, but not limited to, your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, financial information, username, and password. By submitting Personal Information through the Services, you authorize Zingo to share this personal information as necessary to provide the Services, for the purposes identified in this Policy, and the purposes identified on the Website. Your information will NOT be used for other purposes not expressly listed.
We collect information when you register or open an account, sign in, call us for support, or, provide us feedback. We may also gather information from other companies or third-parties, such as, when you sync a third-party account or service with the Services, or, when we use service providers to supplement or verify the Personal Information you give us to help us verify and maintain the accuracy of your data. We also collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with the Services.
We may also automatically collect certain usage information when you access our Services, such as, home server domain names, operating system, IP address, pages viewed, browser type, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies. For example, we collect IP addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features. This information helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Click Tracking. Click tracking is a tool used to determine and record what a user clicks on while browsing through the Website. Our Website may use click tracking to conduct market research and software testing.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics. For example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control these third-parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about third-party targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving third-party targeted content from many providers, you can visit http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. Please note that even if you opt-out of such cookies or tracking technology or otherwise opt-out of interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements. However, they will not be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your cookies or use a different browser or computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present the Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to register for and utilize the Services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
When you register for the Services, we use the Personal Information you provide to us to verify your identity, communicate with you, and provide the site Services to you. This includes verifying your identity and payment information; reporting your information to Credit Reporting Agencies; alerting you of new products, services, features, or enhancements to the Services; handling your customer service questions or issues, and requesting feedback. We may also use your email address as part of the Services in sending you messages about the Service and other general announcements. Except as set forth in this Policy, or unless we have your consent, we will not share your Personal Information with any person or entity other than those affiliated with us, entities acting on our behalf to provide the Services, and relevant third-parties, such as those needed to collect and maintain our servers and perform technology and related services.
We may also use your personal, demographic and profile data to improve our site, for statistical analysis, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers. Information collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future emails or postal mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, or the status of your Services account.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Specifically, we may process your Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services. We may make your personal information non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as de-personalizing your information (the “De-Personalized Information”). You grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, fully paid-up, sublicense able, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully transferable right and license to use your personal information in connection with the creation and development of De-Personalized Information and analytical and statistical analysis tools relating to the use of the customer data we collect in providing the Service (the “Analytical Data”). We are expressly authorized to make any commercial use of the De-Personalized Information and Analytical Data, including without limitation, sharing the De-Personalized Information and Analytical Data with third-parties, provided that we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer from us any part of the information or data that personally identifies any Services users.
We may disclose your Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties, including Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion (individually and collectively, the “Credit Reporting Agencies”) we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Zingo’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Zingo about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest via mediums such as postal direct mail, telemarketing, and email.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zingo, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Zingo uses a “double opt-in” method for sending you email. When you register with Zingo you explicitly authorize us to contact you via the email you provide. Messages may contain promotional, informational, evaluation (customer surveys) and transactional content. Messages always will include information regarding the origin and instructions on how recipients may unsubscribe from receiving future messages.
We further strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you wish to have your personal information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If you have opted-in to receive such communications and we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or use the “unsubscribe” link in any email your receive.
- Your Services Account. You may modify and have Zingo correct certain information or remove your personal record from our database by submitting an online ticket using our member support contact form. This contact can be made via phone, email or webform.
We and our partners have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. These include the use of SSL encryption, firewalls, administrative access level controls, employee training, and constant work to review and update our security practices to implement accepted best practices.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website and to refrain from providing any of the information necessary to use the Services to any other person.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website, submitted by you, information gathered about you, or information stored by us. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may use the Services or provide any information to or post any information on the Website, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not (i) use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, (ii) register on the Website, (iii) make any purchases through the Website, (iv) use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or (v) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Company’s disclosure of Personal Information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third-parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to:
107 SE Washington St, Suite 640
Portland, OR 97214
Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third-parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed Personal Information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
107 SE Washington St, Suite 640
Portland, OR 97214
Requests via telephone or facsimile will not be accepted. The email subject line or mailing envelope and the content of your request must include the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights,” and include your name, email address (if you wish to receive a response via email) or street address, city, state, zip code (if you wish to receive a response via postal mail). Please allow 30 days to receive a response to your inquiry.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page with a notice on the Website home page that the Policy has been updated. If we make material changes to how we treat your personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. You will be bound by those changes if you visit the Website or use the Services after those changes have been posted. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this Policy. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: