Your Rights Under the California Consumer Protection Act
Special notice for California residents:
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives California residents the right to know how we will be collecting and maintaining personal information including credit report data to assist you with your financial wellness. We collect this information from you, credit bureaus, public databases, data aggregators, and other commercially available sources. The categories of this personal information include:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Identification numbers such as your Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport identification number, and medical card number.
- Financial information such as credit card information and banking information.
- Account information such as user name, password, and details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Information such as your date of birth, gender, marital status, household information, employment information, income, and other similar information.
- Account preferences information such as subscription and marketing preferences.
- User contributions, such as your public comments and postings on our Website, your responses to surveys, and your correspondence with us.
We do not sell your personal information.
Service providers. We share personal information with service providers that help us with our business activities. They only are authorized to process that information as necessary and as directed by us.
Required by law. If we are required to disclose personal information as part of a legal process, we will take commercially reasonable steps to inform you as part of that process. We may also be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by government authorities, including requests from national security agencies or law enforcement.
Safety, fraud prevention, government requests and protection of our rights. These are all reasons where we may share personal information when we believe, in good faith, it is necessary.
Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or asset sales but only if the acquiring organization agrees to this Policy’s protections.
As a California resident you have available to your specific rights.
You have the right to request the following up to two times in a 12-month period:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information;
- The business purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The specific personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months;
- The categories of personal information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold in the past 12 months, or verification that no personal information was sold;
- The categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose in the past 12 months, or verification that no personal information was disclosed.
You can submit any of those requests via our Individual Rights Manager found here.
Credit Sesame will not discriminate against anyone who exercises their CCPA rights. We will not:
- deny you goods or services;
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or
- services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- suggest that you will receive a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services. Nothing prohibits a business from charging a different price or providing a different level or quality of service if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data.
For additional information on any of the above, or to submit a request for personal information under the CCPA, please contact us here. Please note that Credit Sesame may claim legal exemptions for certain types of personal information from all or certain parts of the CCPA pursuant to various CCPA exemptions.